My name is Gina Zurzolo and I am a certified Reiki Healing Master and Teacher. I have always been interested in the Art of healing and have been practising Reiki since 2004. I believe Reiki energy is abundant, creative and has a healing quality. It has the potential and power to change anything and everything.
What is Reiki?
Reiki is a powerful yet simple form of natural energy healing that was developed in Japan by Dr Mikao Usui in the early 1900’s, which is activated by intention. One of the greatest Reiki healing benefits is stress reduction and relaxation which encourages the body’s own natural healing abilities and helps to accelerate the process.
The word Reiki (pronounced Ray-Key) is made up of two Japanese words Rei and Ki.
Rei – means ‘spiritual wisdom’, ‘higher intelligence’ or ‘absolute consciousness’. This is the wisdom that comes from the higher self or the absolute consciousness of the universe which is all knowing, all powerful, all creative and always present.
Ki – means universal life force energy. This is the non-physical energy which animates all living things and is essential to our health and well being on all levels.
Reiki has its own intelligence and knows exactly where to go and what to do. It is the higher consciousness called Rei that guides the life energy called Ki in the practice of Reiki. It knows what a person needs and will always adapt itself to create the most beneficial effect that is most appropriate to the individual needs of the recipient. Thus, Reiki can never do harm and is always helpful.
How does Reiki work?
Reiki healing is based on the idea that an unseen life force energy flows through us and is all around us. As long as something is alive it has life force energy flowing through it and around it. The body depends on the flow of universal life force energy flowing through it in order to stay alive and maintain health.
Energy flows through the physical body through seven main centres called chakras and twelve energy pathways called meridians. It also flows around us in a field of energy called the aura. Life force nourishes the organs and cells of the body, supporting them in their vital functions. It is the flow of this energy, within and around the body, which defines the quality of our health and well being.
The natural and balanced flow of life force energy within and around the body promotes optimum health and well-being.
If one’s life force energy becomes disturbed, blocked, depleted or unbalanced in some way, then dis-ease and illness usually begin to take form.
Reiki provides a means to balance the human energy fields and energy centres. It heals by flowing through the affected parts of the energy field and charging them with positive energy. It replaces the depletion of energy, breaks apart the energy blocks and clears, straightens and heals the energy pathways, re-establishing the natural and healthy flow of energy within and around the body.
Since everything is made up of energy, working directly with energy works on all levels, promoting physical, emotional, mental and spiritual well being.
Below is a list of some of the Reiki healing benefits:
– Promotes deep relaxation and helps release stress
– Releases blocked energies and emotions
– Helps clear and calm the mind
– Treats symptoms and cause of illness
– Promotes a calm and peaceful sense of well being on all levels
– Increases vitality and postpones the aging process
– Helps release restrictive thought patterns
– Promotes a calmer response to life’s challenges
– Strengthens and supports the immune system
– Promotes creativity and resourcefulness
– Relieves pain
– Aids meditation and positive thinking
– Clears toxins from the body
– Offers relief during emotional distress, bereavement and sorrow
– Speeds up recovery from surgery of long-term illnesses
– Aids better sleep and enhances everyday living
– Raises the vibrational frequency of the body
– Enhances clarity of thought and helps with depression
– Encourages and supports personal growth and development
Reiki Treatment (1 hour) – £45
(To gain optimum effect an initial course of 5-6 treatments is recommended)